Flourless Avocado Brownies
|2 large eggs|
|1 medium, ripe, hass avocado (3⁄4- 1 cup)|
|3 tbsp melted ghee (butter or coconut oil)|
|2-4 tbsp unsweetened almond butter (or sunflower seed butter for nut free)|
|1⁄2 tsp baking soda|
|1⁄4 tsp salt (if your nut butter is salted omit or reduce)|
|1⁄3 cup Swerve (erythritol) or preferred granulated sweetener (coconut palm, maple sugar etc)|
|1⁄3 cup cacao powder|
|1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract|
- Pre-heat oven to 175℃.
- Line a small baking dish (I used a 5x7 Pyrex) with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of your blender or food processor combine all of the ingredients.
- Blend om medium, low power until just smooth. No more than 30 seconds.
- Use a spatula to transfer the batter into the baking dish and smooth it out evenly.
- Top with fun things if you wish. I’m partial to cacao nibs.
- Bake for 25 minutes. If you’re using a metal baking dish it could be less time. Check it after 20 minutes. It’s done when the top begins to crack and it has turned a deep brown color. The top will be slightly soft but dry to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes before handling.
- DO NOT OVER MIX! I actually made this mistake once. I made an extra large batch and blended it wayyyyy toooo long. Once everything is combined and the avocado is smooth, done. No need for overkill
- Make sure your avocado is medium-large and ripe but firm. When you scoop it out, measure it in a measuring cup. 3⁄4 -1 cup of avocado gently pressed down.
- Don’t skimp on the nut/seed butter, use measuring spoons and a spatula to scrape them out! Make sure your nut or seed butter is 100% almond, sunflower or peanut or cashew… no added oils or other fats, that may impede the cooking process.
- Add more sweetener? These brownies are lightly sweetened to optimize the healthy factor, but you can use up to 1⁄2 a cup of sweetener to give them a more indulgent flavor.
- I’ve edited the recipe from 1⁄4 rounded cup to 1⁄3 cup cacao… just to err on the side of caution. Not using enough cacao powder will result in eggy or avocado tasting brownies.